Pages

Thursday 18 July 2013

Learning to let go, part II

Last night, after posting this, I was sorting through some things in the office, and found the following poem: an old favourite which I long ago scrawled on a scrap of paper to fortify me in moments of pointless despair and then tucked into a forgotten book. It felt like the universe, as crappy as it sometimes tends to be, was affirming - supporting even - my ongoing pursuit of letting go of the bad to make room for the amazing.



************************ 



I think over again my small adventures
My fears, those small ones that seemed so big
For all the vital things I had to get and reach
And yet there is only one great thing
The only thing
To live to see the great day that dawns
And the little light that fills the world


                       ~  Inuit poem, author unknown

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. A wonderful omen indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it only takes a small little thing to satisfy the soul.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful poem... thanks for sharing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this. it's so soothing. my reaction to it is "yes. of course. how could i have forgotten?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this poem. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. I've been recovering from a miscarriage as well and I'm just starting to be able to see the good again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you'll stick around once I get going again.

      Delete

Don't be shy, leave a comment. Your words brighten my day!